Wednesday, April 10, 2013

patati patata

(blah blah blah)

My mind is on overdrive these past few days, in a good way I think. An emotional outburst from Ali has sparked some of my own questions, such as, how to be? And in what do I believe? And what am I willing to give up? Being in a Muslim culture is a godsend for bringing these topics to the surface.

There is a great ocean of distance between the West and Islamic east. I am constantly Trying to Understand, both sides, and within. 

I see so much beauty in the tradition here, from family life to daily prayer. I like the symbolism of cleanliness, and the shape of mosques. 

I have trouble with the intolerance of other ways.

Is this in itself intolerance?

I will always be an outsider to this gorgeous house,

But I will still creep around the garden

And try to catch a glimpse inside.

And I can't help but wonder,

Will anyone invite me in?

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment