Thursday, January 20, 2011

ashes to ashes

Last night in a fit of cathartic impulse, I tore up and burned about 15 of my old journals.  These spanned the past 6 years, at least seven relationships, two heartbreaks, ten homes, nine jobs, two trips to Africa, countless haircuts, bloody marys and soy lattes and more than a thousand paper cranes.  I then went out for a few drinks, free music and pac man and when I came home, I added my most beautiful paper birds to the still smoldering volumes of the past.

Reading my free will horoscope today, I am validated.

Cancer (June 21-July 22)
This would be an excellent week to grieve madly and deeply about the old love affairs that shattered your heart. I've rarely seen a better astrological configuration than there is now for purging the residual anguish from those old romantic collapses. So I suggest you conduct a formal ritual that will provide total exorcism and bring you maximum catharsis. Maybe you could build a shrine containing the photos and objects that keep a part of you stuck in the past, and maybe you could find the bold words and innovative gestures that will bid goodbye to them forever. Do you have any intuitions about how to create a rousing healing ceremony? 
       
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment